When we first started our weekend at the cabin, I was afraid I'd have nothing to blog on and would be susceptible to the wrath of the great blog stalker...you know who you are. Anyway, without any hotspots on the horizon, I took a picture of the hottest activity going: The new transition strip Bob put in bedroom doorway. We have looked everywhere for something to match our vinyl floor and we're darn proud of it.
We took a trip to "across the bridge" http://www.oldoregon.com/visitor-info/entry/astoria-megler-bridge/ as the locals say, to Home Depot in Warrenton, Oregon, near Astoria. While we were out, we decided to fulfill my strange fascination with the Pig'n Pancake restaurants. http://www.pignpancake.com/ It was as expected: Grease-laden southern-style food. Due to my new cholesterol prescription, I managed to pick my way through the dietary landmines on the menu and chose a healthy though not as tasty meal from the traditional menu.

When it rains, it pours. Scott, JoAnn & Jenna were going to stop by and visit us at the cabin. While the Casebolts were storming Costco for a couple of hours to get Jenna's flat tire repaired, friends stopped by to visit us. Since the Casebolt/Hall eyes were drooping in need of a nap, Carey, Shirley, Bob and I set out to approve/disapprove the Thousand Trails campground. While we were out, I took a picture of the Cape Disappointment lighthouse from Waikiki Beach.
Then we headed back to the cabin to visit then all walked to Castaways Grille to have a great inner http://castawaysseafoodgrille.com/
Then things really looked up! I landed "The Big One" in my Frying Pan. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2972 As you can see, it was a real fight to get this blog-stalker to pose. See the little house behind the frying pan? It was for sale when we were shopping for our place. I really liked it but Bob refused to live by a giant skillet.
As an added bonus, I captured two others in my frying pan. It sure was good to see Scott and JoAnn. Visiting with Jenna was an unexpected bonus. Jenna's going to make THE BEST mother EVER!Love to all!


All I can say is I wished we had gone down with all of you but it might have been too many in your little cabin. Glad you had a good time.G&GBOOK
ReplyDeleteYes, Long Beach can now officially retire the giant frying pan. There will never be another photo op like it. Thanks for the great time, we will do it again for sure!
ReplyDeleteWHAT?! Retire the frying pan?! I don't see a C&C Walker photo yet...
ReplyDelete