Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Chapter 472


Because my memory ain't what it used to be. Well, if the truth be told, I've never been very good in that department to start with....

In order of appearance:

Happy Birfdaze to Richard and Carissa!



I didn't think I had anything to blog about this week so I was going to skip once again, then I realized this was a busy week in the birthday department and better get a blog in the can.

We were so lucky to start the week out with receiving this rather large (dinner plate sized) trophy for Bob being the Jaguar Clubs of North America's National Champion in slalom for his class of car. It was a lot for him to set up out local slalom but fun was had by all, mainly him. Too bad they don't all get a giant award like this for their racing efforts!


I went to Sewing and Stichery Expo in Puyallup with Darla this week. I took my picture with Squatch at the gate in the morning sun.

  Although we went during the week, it was incredibly crowded. All the scooters and chit chat in the aisles didn't help the traffic problem either. I thought it would be better before the weekend with just us retired folks but I was seriously wrong.

  Although there was tons and tons of sewing stuff, I pretty much limited myself to a couple of sewing lamps and a "viking knitting" kit to keep me entertained on the trip. According to the instructions, I just wrap wire around a stick...

 and it turns into to this...stayed tuned to see what kind of debacle I can come up with.

I've enjoyed having time to do some projects since I've been off work. The first one I tackled was an Aunitcorn shirt for Kyanne. I've been wanting to do it for a while because she is such an incredible auntie. It's hard to see because all of the vinyl is sparkly, but it says "Aunticorn, Like a normal aunt, only more AWESOME"

Thursday night, after Sewing Expo, Orion had Bob's retirement party. I guess it was by special invitation only and the folks that were there had a really good time.


 Chris' parents sent us a really nice retirement bouquet as well as one for Carissa's birthday since they were going to be here for the weekend.

Reagan enjoyed the balloon letters from Bob's retirement party they kept her entertained and the cat scared for quite a while.

Then it was out to the backyard for the many adventures she manages to find out there. She and Grampa pulled up the winter carrots,


played on the slide,


We played coffee shop although it was darn (please interpret that into a stronger word of your choice) cold outside. I filled my water bottle with warm water or it would have frozen before Reagan could even pour it.

 Since the carrots were too close together, they grew into big Frankenstein carrots.

Choosing a show to watch during snack time which featured a fresh carrot on the menu.

Joint coloring. Reagan did the unicorn all by herself. Pretty good small motor skills for a 4 1/2 year old, but I'm biased. Yes, Bob did well on the rainbow for his age too.

We were just resting after all the commotion when we got a call that Bob's dad's house had been broken into. A homeless person kicked the door in and took a shower. I think the neighbor scared the person off and things were set up like the person had planned to return later. We got the door boarded up super tight so it wasn't his lucky night to sleep warm.

For Bob's first day of retirement, we drove to Tacoma to drop off our taxes and had lunch at Steamers. Steamers has a beautiful view of the narrows and the bridges.

 When we got home, I put the decal I made on the spare tire cover. We still have to put the stripes on the trailer before we go. 

We have a week before we head out in our little trailer for parts unknown. Will report in when I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment