Monday, July 24th is National Cousin's Day!
"What's buzzin', cousin?"
Cousins 1.0
Cousins 2.0
One of the five butterflies that hatched was "special". After filming the "release" for Reagan where the butterfly repeated spiraled into the patio due to bent wings, I found a nice self-contained flower pot where the butterfly could walk to everything it needed. I notice it was still there a couple of days later, so I must have chosen well.
Speaking of nature, Nitro loves his walks outside and nothing makes him feel more like being one with Mother Nature like rolling in the pure untouched soil of a fresh mole hill. My cat is filthy! After a good roll, he likes to just lounge on the mole hill with a big smile on his face and let his catness soak into it. Apparently that's not enough to keep the moles away though.
Then, after wiping as much of that dust off as he can in the house, he gives himself a good bath and soaks his shiny self in the sun for a while.
These are his two favorite places to marinate in the sun.
The flowers in our yard are really going wild. The reason for that success is that Bob insists on putting everything on a timed water feed so I don't have to forget to kill them all by myself. The purple hanging basket is out of control!
Here's a video of our patio flowers if anyone is interested: https://youtu.be/BaAt_DQuAeM. It's very relaxing to sit on the patio listening to the fountain and lounge or get some work done, like writing a blog:
While we decide what kind of back splash we want to put in the kitchen, I decided to spruce up the space over the stove. That should keep folks guessing about my cooking!
I feel like I'm being watched in my sleep. I wake up to Creepy Evil Cat watching us sleep every once in a while.
My friend, Sunshine, and I went Geocaching last week. I met Sunshine at work and the kids are always getting us mixed up. It took me several months to figure out why the kids accidentally called me "Sunshine" until I finally met her. Yes, we are similar looking but mainly it's just because we are Amazons at 6 foot tall. Although the mountain doesn't show up too well in phone photos, it was really pretty that day from this lookout that was hiding a cache for us.
The little park also had a deer/elk/antelope statue that was watching over the view. Here Sunshine is trying to ride the deer but afraid he isn't trained for riding yet.
I took a selfie with the deer/elk/antelope statue and we were off to find 3 more cache's for the day. We did a lot of walking, found the caches, and solved the problems of the world.
We went to the All-British Field Meet at the St. Edward State Park in Kenmore. This amazing building was originally built in the 1920's as a Catholic seminary and became a State Park in 1978. It's a beautiful park providing spaces for many civic activities.
With a couple of miles of hiking, seemingly straight down then straight up, we can visit the parks "3,000 feet of undeveloped shoreline". Physically I was able to handle the hike just fine. The stifling humid heat in the forest with no breeze was another story. Swimming in Lake Washington looked like a much more comfortable place to be when we finally got there.
Anyway, I digress. The purpose of being at the park was for the All-British Field Meet. As you can see, it is a great location for the car show. The old seminary makes a beautiful backdrop for the car show.
We also met Bill and Mary Alice Frink, longtime friends of Bob's Mom, and by extension, the entire family. We did the hurry-hurry catch-up thing in the midst of the bustling gawkers and photo takers. It was sure great to see them again. Mary Alice will be 70 this year and Bill, for all his health problems, looks amazing!
We got 2nd place in our class! I'm not so good at selfies yet.
The Walkers at a Rainiers game. Reagan's hair sure is getting long!
HAVE A GOOD WEEK, EVERYONE!



















No comments:
Post a Comment