Happy Birthday to Auntie Karen!

I was packing my last lunch of the school year when I noticed a large dog(?) hanging it's head over our patio gate. I kept looking at it trying to get "dog" from the image I was seeing, but it was clearly not a dog! I finally focused that we had two rogue bucks with starter antlers in our yard. I went out to get them to move on before they browsed in the garden but they weren't of a mind to leave so I opened the gate and left for work. They weren't there when I got home, and the garden was, so I figured it all worked out just according to plan.

While I was in the backyard politely asking the deer to keep away from my garden, I saw this pretty butterfly. We seem to have a lot more butterflies this year. I think that's a good thing.
The evening jasmine smells amazing on warm summer nights!
The garden is going crazy and producing herbs, lettuce by the bucketfuls, and I've harvested my first sugar snap peas already. It doesn't seem like it's time for the big harvest yet but it's starting!
Some sort of striped squash I planted. I did not make the mistake of planting zucchini this year. Heck, I don't even like zucchini although this looks suspiciously like it.
Saturday we went on a Jaguar club drive. We all met at Charlie's in Enumclaw then headed up together. Curt loves to wear his bomber hat, and usually goggles, when he drive his classy Jaguar convertible.
The weather was great and the views even better as we headed up toward Chinook Pass.
We stopped at Tipsoo Lake for a quick break and the outhouse ensured our visit was quick since it had a strong "fragrance" about it. I used the extra time running around the snow barefoot and horrifying the Japanese tourists. I even think "horrify" was not a strong enough word for the expressions on their faces. I imagine there were lots of pictures of my tattooed foot in the snow out there in cyberspace Saturday.
A couple of our members talk "trash" at our quick stop.
Two of our guys, Ray and Curt, with their Jaguars to the left of each one. The green car is a hardtop version of our red convertible. I like the convertible way better than the hardtop. It has the enviable licence plate of "THE JAG" which has caused some strife within our club as to who should own that plate.
Leaving Tipsoo Lake and heading for Chinook Pass through the Wenatchee National Forest.
After forging through all that snow, we emerged into what appeared to be a whole new world. It was very hot and we had to pile on the sunscreen and keep moving in the convertible to keep cool.
We stopped in the little town of Naches, a haven of restaurants and other outdoor recreational need fillers, to grab a cache. Here Bob signs the log in a cache we found while I take a look at this old 1929 gas station and converted into a (now inactive) visitor's center in the 50's. It's old art deco architecture is sooo cool to look at.
And for no particular reason, "This is the water trough used in the movie 'The Hanging Tree' filmed near Naches in 1959, starring Gary Cooper."
We crossed through the Chinook Pass again and I took another picture of our Jaguar in the snow.
And this time, a picture of the whole Jaguar in the snow. They had this parking space cut out of the snow just for us to park in!
Nothing says "I'm almost home!" like the Muckleshoot fireworks stands along the highway as we roll into Auburn.
After roasting all day in the sun while marinating in sunscreen, it's good to be home to our cool family room. You can see our "portable" air conditioner and the sunshade that Bob hung outside to keep the house cool and for our lounging pleasure.
I forgot to post this photo of my dad reading Reagan a bedtime story last week.
And this photo of Reagan with both of her great-grandfathers at Father's Day last weekend at Kyanne's house.
Reagan has learned to brush Bear and from the smile on his face, I'd say he's lovin' every minute of it.
Reagan looks so grown up sitting on the log contemplating the meaning of life here at the shore. What a tough way to grow up, huh?
This view means nothing to her, but she is sure caught up in what her toes are up to!
So, while other kids are staying inside watching cartoons to keep cool, Reagan and her parents are out on the shore keeping cool looking at all these super-awesome creatures:
I wonder if they saw Sponge Bob or any of his friends while they were out there?
"Bring out my bbq so I can make my starfish some dinner."
Have a great week and stay cool!


























No comments:
Post a Comment