Happy Birthday to Ryan!
I inserted the photos into my blog and some loaded in reverse order. As a result, you will be seeing our week in reverse order. This is my first project on my new laptop and System 10. I've got a few things to learn and a few things to set before this machine becomes mine and I can move in for good. For whatever reason, my internet windows load reeeeeally slow and I need to figure out what setting needs to be changed or set afire, whichever makes it work correctly. So for now I get one job done with two laptops and a cat on my lap. Notice the desktop that Kyanne set up for me. Although I do enjoy seeing her face at every computer opening, it's also a bit disturbing. I swear her eyes follow me around the room so I have to keep a dialog box over her eyes.
Reagan (and her family) were here dropping Chris' parents at the airport so they stayed the day to "decompress" after having a houseful of folks for almost two weeks. While we watched Reagan, the kids went to IKEA to get drawers for under Reagan's new bed and to get a bit of alone time at the brewery watching the Seahawks game. While Chris and Carissa were eating lunch and watching the game at a new brewery, we were sitting on the floor at a little table eating lunch. Reagan wouldn't eat hers until she knew where they came from. Smart kid!
While I was downstairs updating Reagan's baby doll back pack that I made her for Christmas, I heard water running upstairs. When I went to investigate, I found Grampa had Reagan in the tub playing with her toys and shaving cream. After instructions to give Reagan a full rinse before letting her out, I went back downstairs to finish sewing. I love this grandparenting stuff!
That night Reagan was really tired from her whirlwind couple of weeks with family so while her parents were out, she sat and ate her dinner and, as a real treat, watched toddler songs on YouTube.
A change of venue was in order to achieve the optimum princess experience.
And finally, a droopy-eyed finale of Dinosaur Train in her IKEA chair.
A tree had fallen the week before Christmas so we had a lot of wood mess to clean up.
Fortunately the tree was sooo dead that when it fell it completely flattened itself making it easier for us to dismember.

The tree was dead, Dead, DEAD and there wasn't much wood holding it together. It did leave the trunk hung up so we had to pull it down with a chain.
Click here watch us in action pulling the trunk off the stump if you have nothing better to do.
A friend had previously spoken for this tree and since Kenny had enough wood at the time, he's been storing his firewood vertically in our yard for over a year. I texted and told him it was time to store his tree in his own yard now so he came over to cut, chop and load the trunk. Bob and I cut, shredded, toted, hauled, and loaded all of the smaller stuff that Kenny didn't take.

For someone that had been thinking of moving toward a truck-free lifestyle, this project did not support that decision since we had TWO trucks full. One was the stringy old bark that wouldn't go through the chipper that fell of the tree when it hit, and the other was full of twisted bits that wouldn't stack well or go through the chipper. We put that stack out front with a free sign on it. That's always fun because we watch people load their free firewood anywhere they can squeeze it, even in the front seat!
Our holly tree is at it's finest right now. Look at that Christmas color!
Christmas Day my dad had a huge seizure and was in the hospital for the night. Merry Christmas to him. I drove the new Impreza down to see them and we had a nice visit. There is still stuff on board that car that I don't know how to operate. One being the windshield wipers. Unfortunately I only thought to figure them out when I had been swamped by a truck.
This is an old photo booth photo that I found in their apartment. I must have been a sophomore-ish age. Check out those hexagonal glasses!
On that note, I've completed my first project on my new computer. Woo Hoo!












I didn't have anything better to do at 6am so I did watch your video. Next time maybe you could have the truck get stuck in the mud, the tree trunk fall and crush something......
ReplyDelete