
This week started off peacefully enough after the Memorial Day weekend. I had all my sewing done for Reagan and the newest JagMag was off to the printer. Nitro enjoyed being curled in his basket without folks constantly disturbing him too much.
Thursday evening my dad came up from Portland on the train for Reagan's birthday. I decided I wanted to make Reagan a tiger cake (or rawhr rawhr cake in Reagan speak). It was a massive project involving mixing and baking and freezing 3 cake colors Thursday night and 4 colors of frosting Friday night. I frosted the basic cake but by 11 p.m. it was obvious I was behind schedule so Bob and Dad moved from spectator mode to hands-on mode. Here Dad is frosting marshmallows for the tiger's tail Bob is assembling.
While he was helping, Dad was eating a fair amount of black cake and frosting and it appears that 82 years of dental work all stains at different shades.
Saturday was a trip to the zoo for Reagan's birthday. She wasn't much in the mood to be social but she knows her way around like it's her home so we all followed a two-year through the zoo like a train. Here she looks at then penguins.
Reagan is intently looking at a rawhr rawhr.
Back at Kyanne's everyone hung out under the fine shade Ryan hung for us in the backyard. Here's the happy family.
Reagan's rawhr rawhr cake. It didn't look very big so we brought the cake in the background.
Inside the tiger cake. Some slices had better stripes than others. Fortunately it's not a technique I will bee needing to perfect.
Reagan holding her cake topper and eating her tiger cake.
Reagan opening her presents. Here she got a cute red, white, and blue skirt from Great Grampa and Grama Keefer .
I made her a few dress-up outfits and got her a bunch of dress up clothes. She loved having a whole box of stuff to fling out on the ground as she looked for the bottom of the bin. It was just as I expected.
I made Reagan a little cowperson apron with all the stuff sewn on so all she has to do is tie it on.
I learned how to used the embroidery part of my "new" (3 or 4 years old) sewing machine on these projects. Here her doctor coat says "Dr. Reagan". Maybe some day her real lab coat will say that.
I made a pirate outfit with 3 swords so the whole family can participate in a three way duel. I also included a pirate book.
I embroidered her name on a Dollar tree chef apron and hat and included one for an assistant chef.
A Super R apron with a Super R cape. I also included a book and made a cape for parents and Bear so the they can all play together if it works out that way. This also meant I didn't have any yellow fabric leftover to decide to store or throw out.
I know my military camo is all mixed up here but it's the idea I was going for here. I made little name tags for the shirt. I didn't need to include a book because her Dad can explain all of that.
And a bikini apron with a hat sunglasses, and flip flops.
Kyanne and Sally take party selfies.
Yea. Sally is super impressed with the party hat. Super impressed.
Richard is, however, super impressed with his party hat.
Then the family pictures started. Here's Reagan with her great grandfathers. That's an amazing picture right there.
Reagan and her Auntie Kyanne...and her Mom.
The "Book" family.
The cousins and their men.
Casebolts.
Reagan painting Auntie Kyanne's fence with water.
Chris painting Auntie Kyanne's fence with water.
Reagan at home using some of the dress up stuff we gave her. Nothing I made, of course (Again, as expected.)
Sunday Reagan had her friend party at the park. Two parties in a row and it's "Game Over".
Last week Reagan had some bubble wrap in her doll stroller and here she talks to it. What do you say to a doll stroller full of bubble wrap when you are two? Or any age for that matter?
Carissa said "Sometimes after a long day at daycare you just want to lounge around and watch fire trucks videos (her request)."
Haircut #2.

































No comments:
Post a Comment