Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Chapter 310

Happy Birthday (in chronological order) to Jenna and Kyanne!


 My how our "little" Jenna has grown into an amazing person and a great mom. How time flies!

Actually, it's Happy Birthday to Kyanne. For those that don't speak greyhound, when greyhounds "sing" they make a sound called "rooing". 

Sally whispers greyhound things into Kyanne's ear. I think she's telling Kyanne she's a "greyt" greyhound mom. I think so too.

This summer Nitro and I have fallen into the wonderful routine of going outside each morning while it's still cool and watching the birds while I check up on what's happened in the world since I went to bed.  

Nitro thinks this is a really cool woodpecker, but it's almost as large as Nitro.


Later that evening, Nitro was enjoying the evening air from his post by the window. Since I've had a request for more Nitro pictures, I thought I'd take a quick picture of him. He was looking out the window when I started taking the picture, this is what I got when I took the picture.

The City of Seattle published instructions on how to "brown" your lawn. "you can let areas of lawn  go brown and dormant – just don't water" I got this City of Seattle, I don't need instructions from your webpage how to make my yard look like this: 

I get texts that tell me when the International Space Station is "in the hood".  If you want to look up and/or be notified when it's in your neighborhood, go to spotthestation.nasa.gov.  I find it hard to believe that the little speck we see is travelling at about 5 miles per second, contains 6 lives and all the equipment necessary to sustain them. At that very moment, the very first first food grown in space is being harvested. The astronauts were able to have fresh lettuce for dinner. This is what we saw from our yard...
.

...and this is what we are looking at:

 Nitro was basking in the afternoon sun on his pillow. Once again, when I put the camera up to take his picture, he was looking out the window looking cute. By the time I got the picture, he was vandalizing screen again.

Facebook presented me with memories from last year and the year before. This is what happens when you have a cat on your lap too long. Boredom sets in and things get strange.

This picture was only last year. It's hard to believe that Reagan is so big now. 

One year later.

 Kyanne and I have taken advantage of Carissa needing to work on days she didn't have daycare scheduled. When I babysat, Reagan learned how to operate her bathroom faucet after lunch.

After Kyanne babysat, Reagan needed to learn how to operate her bathtub faucet.

Kyanne took this great action shot of Reagan throwing her ball. You can see part of Reagan's VW hippie bus in the background.

 Kyanne made an awesome campfire to go with the hippie bus. I am so proud of Kyanne's uber-crafting skills. Not just anyone can make a stuffed fire from scratch! Next, stuffed s'mores.

 I want to point out that Reagan is playing/washing her hands in the sink. I need to point out that this happened after I left so Reagan must have pointed out that she now knows how to wash her hands by herself.

The happy Walker family on vacation on Whidby Island. Notice Reagan is sandy and wet like any good curtain climber should be. 

This week we will be taking the convertible and going to Bend, Oregon to see what there is to see. Maybe we'll find a better place to take a picture than in front of a reeeally stinky old barn out somewhere I couldn't find again.

Bob and I decided to take a quick driving vacation in the convertible to Bend, Oregon. It was a nice drive down and felt good to leave the rain of Seattle in the rear view mirror.  It was a little iffy that we could get down on the route we had planned since Hwy 97 was closed due to forest fires.

Fortunately by the time we made the roasty section, the highway was open. It was really eerie to see the sides of the road still smoking as we drove through.

We saw several active fires as drove through. Since I'm riding along with nothing better to do that take pictures and eat peanuts, I took a lot of charred landscape photos.

Once we got to Bend, we went to an area called The Old Mill. It's actually a shopping center on the location of one of the original saw mills. In the REI store the tops of the old boilers are still visible although they've long removed the old tanks.

You can see the old stacks (there are three of them, but they are all lined up) from the REI boilers shown above while mobs of people float, swim, paddle, walk, and use whatever water transport system they can use to travel down the Dechutes River.

We drove to the top of Pilot Butte to see what there was to see. It's an amazing cinder cone that juts up from the valley floor to allow a 360 degree view. You can the smoke from the fires. 

Gratuitous car picture with Three Sisters (or three similar mountains) in the background.

Have a good week Everyone!


Does this look like the face of someone that's on their way to bed??? Amazingly enough she goes right to bed without complaint and sleeps for 12 hours.

Getting ready for bed is a family affair in The Walker family.

Reagan loves her sandbox. Although this is a Little Tikes turtle sandbox, it sure doesn't look the same as the one Grama and Grampa Book bought for Kyanne and Carissa. I wonder what a Little Tikes turtle sandbox will look like when Chris and Carissa buy one for their grandchildren?

In the words of her Aunt Joann "This little piggy goes to market."

"Oh, you know, just reading a book with my sunglasses on."

Reagan loves to mover her toys from one basket to another without touching the floor in between. She's obviously neater than her grandmother.

Reagan looks so grown up coloring with total concentration.

Reading to her cats. In a play to be fair, she puts a foot into both cat's stomach.

It's hot and Reagan loves herself some water for a quick cool-down.

All smiles!


No comments:

Post a Comment