My phone got the new Android 4.4.4 update last week and is has caused it suffer several side effects that the phone hadn't previously had. One of which was to delete the pictures I had taken last week.
So, courtesy of social media, I have a couple of photos for this weeks blog. I had posted a couple of items on Facebook so I retrieved them to publish here.
We went to our friends house to celebrate Eileen's birthday and to help them pick their hops crop that will segway into their beer brewing season later this winter. These little hops flowers have to be picked off the plant, dried, and then brewed into the beer.
We met our friends Bobbi and Alan (who I met at Boeing in 1978) to get in on the action of the Rod Run to the End of the World. It's not only a fun show to check out, but we can sit in the living room and watch the cars cruise up and down the main road in Long Beach.
The whole town of Long Beach was infested with cool cars, classic cars, spectators, jalopies, not so cool cars, and TONS OF PEOPLE to watch. We all enjoyed listening to the emergency scanner and hearing what was happening in town. Two calls we heard on the radio were right in front of the house so we all had to run out and see what was going on.


The weather was awesome and we all walked through town many times to watch people. Some of the spectators had built some really creative seating along Pacific Avenue for a front row seat to sit and sniff exhaust all day.
On one of our walks, we noticed they had upgraded the town razor clam. On the hour, or for a quarter, you could make the clam spout water like they do on the beach. Here Bobbie and Alan pose in front of the realistically spouting clam.
There was enough left on Bobbi's quarter for us to get spouted on too.
While I was at the car show I saw some awesome sparkly paint. I've always wanted my car painted all sparkly like a bass boat. Woo Hoo! Here's a nice dark green color for the lower part of my car...
...and a nice sparkly green for the top of my car.
After the show we went to Kingston to see Reagan. Well, Chris and Carissa too. Before we got there, Kyanne met them for lunch. Reagan rudely slept through their entire lunch.
We met the kids at their house and I took some cut pictures of Reagan, but my cell phone ate those as well. Here's the picture Carissa posted on her Facebook page. She sure it getting big already. Notice how her little pants aren't long enough...Yea. Get used to it Reagan.
Have a good week, Everyone!
.jpg)



.jpg)




Do hops grow wild? I think I have something that looks like it growing in the field next to my house!
ReplyDelete