Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Chapter 241


Friday after we got home from work, we rolled out the convertible, put the top down and headed for Druid's Glen Taproom. Druid's Glen is a new(er) golf course by the house I grew up in at Lake Sawyer. The view from the clubhouse was awesome with Mt. Rainier watching over us but the trees obscured most of the mountain so I got this one next to the clubhouse. 

When I went to the Golf Course's webpage to get the link, I found they had also had a beautiful picture of the mountain as well. A much bigger mountain than the one I had been looking at from roughly the same place as my picture was taken. Hmmm.

 Saturday we went to Griot's Garage Caffeine and Gasoline to see the featured fire and police vehicles. I did not know that the Lakewood police cars had a little black "armband" with the names of the "Lakewood Four" that were gunned down in a coffee show a few years ago. It's nice to see they haven't been forgotten.

There was a nicely restored vintage City of Tacoma fire truck.

On our trip to Seattle Fabrics, we drove by this cadre of City of Seattle workers. Isn't there something that the nine extra workers might need to do on a rainy afternoon rather than watch one lone guy operate a shovel?

Utopia! Seattle Fabrics has everything! All kinds of specialty fabrics, outdoor fabrics, clips. webbing, zippers, hardware, etc.

Look at all the cool stuff! I bought some lightweight Supplex for a pair of pants. 

When we got home, I hopped on the treadmill to give it some exercise. I was trying to listen to my J.A. Jance mystery book but I realized the volume was all the way up and I still couldn't hear it. That's when I realize it was the dreadful noises outside that were drowning out my book. Kenny on chainsaw and Bob accompanying on lawn mower combined with the noise of the treadmill and listening to my book was completely out of the question.

This morning we were standing with a crowd of folks at Costco revving our cart and waiting for the doors to open at 10. As we were coming up on the $200 mark and were trying to make our way out of the store when Bob's neck almost snapped off as he checks out the pink fluffies on the rack. Just as I had in the playhouse section, I ordered him to keep marching. 

Now here's something useful that I bought at Costco. Although at first glance the plant appeared a bit spendy, as I totaled the plants, pot, dirt, and not potting all this, it soon became a great deal and I loaded it into the cart while Bob grumbled about being poked in the eyes by the spikes.

I ordered two replacement lids direct from Tupperware, this is how they were sent. Packed with tons of newsprint paper in a giant box. Ironically I received it on Earth Day...



Have a good weekend, Everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment