Baby Walker will be here in a month or so!!! It feels like it's taken forever for that little flower to work it's way to the final countdown!
Last week while we were at the cabin, the valve on the shower broke and Bob had to cut into the wall to replace it. Rule #1 of owning two houses "The tool you need is always at the other house." So Bob had to commence cutting the hole in the shower wall with a drill. As with all the projects he undertakes, I just wouldn't have the patience he does for these projects.
After a trip to Astoria to get the new shower valve and installing it, the guys lay down for a quick nap to recover from the project.
For Easter I made the sheep cupcakes that have been making the rounds on Pinterest and Facebook. I had to make a few material modifications but they turned out pretty cute.
I came home from work today and it was sunny and warm outside. I saddled up the cat and went for a walk in the back yard. Nitro ate so much grass Bob shouldn't have to mow this week. After our walk we laid out on the warm concrete patio and baked in the sun.
(This part of the blog is for my dad as you, loyal reader, are probably not interested in how shiny Bob can make an old car.) As you remember (yea, right) Bob saved the final polish of the Jag he painted for this year. He got started on it and it looks amazing. The pictures show the car with it's three sandings using different grits of sand papers, polishing creams, and four coats of wax. Now it just needs it's final buffing.
You can see the yard, and me, reflected in the hood. I can even see minute details of the reflected objects when I get up close.
Here you can see the sprouting maple trees that are in our yard.
Bob went out to mow the yard for the first time this spring only to find that the old John Deere wasn't running like a Deere. It needed a new drive belt so we trouped off to Washington Tractor Supply in Sumner to get it. It turns out that the $30 belt ended up costing us $70! I have got to keep Bob away from farm supply stores. Those places are murder on the budget!
Changing the drive belt is a monster of a job, but using his new car lift, we got the tractor up high enough to make the job a bit easier.
I was cleaning thread off my bobbins when Bob and Nitro wanted to see what was going on. Cat + anything dangly + Bob = Tangled Up Cat + laughing Bob.
After many years of uneducated pruning, I decided to give our peach tree a drastic "trim". Because there wasn't a single branch going in the right direction to keep, the peach tree ended up looking more like a hobby horse when I was done. I had pictured it rising like a Phoenix from the ashes and producing bushels of peaches for me this year. Instead, quite the opposite (predictable) happened. Bear and I decided to dig the peach tree out and replace it
with a pretty little apple tree. Between being a hardier tree and, thanks to the internet, my pruning skills may have improved hopefully we can get some apples out of this tree. I think over 20 years the previous peach tree might have produced 30 peaches...if that many. Wish me luck with this one.
There is a term in the greyhound world called "chipping." As in "I bet you can't have just one." Kyanne and Ryan were thinking about adopting another greyhound so Harry, Ryan, and Kyanne piled into their trusty Subaru and and headed for the greyhound adoption center in Woodinville. At the adoption center they tried a few greyhounds on for size but when
met
it was clear she had found her new home.
She's a beautiful girl with a relaxed nature. Sally is karma's way of saying "Sorry about assigning you Logo, here's a really good one to make up for that mistake." Sally was not stressed out in her new home like Harry and Logo were and just went about her day like she'd been there forever.


Sally, you couldn't have dreamed up a better home if you tried.
Everyone!



















What a beautiful new grand dog and it's hard to believe that in only about a month you will be adding a granddaughter to the mix!
ReplyDelete