Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chapter 224



We've been working on the house trying to update some of our rooms a bit. Bob remodeled the garage bathroom so it didn't look like a gas station bathroom anymore, and some of our lighting. Our next project was to work on Bob's office/guest room/Carissa's old room. This project was moved to the top of the list when Carissa said "the baby wants hardwood in our room".  Bob, springing into his future role as doting grampa, immediately started on the project. 


In the process of getting the room emptied for the remodel we had to disembowel the closet which still contained some of Carissa's childhood boxes. Not knowing exactly what to do with these little gems, I had basically disowned that closet and ignored the evil that lurked within.

We opened the closet door that had been denied so long to find some fun time capsules like this box. Live animals? Is that what that smell was?

We also found a box of classic cassette tapes such as Don't Cry Big Bird and a series of Disney tapes as well as a Creedence Clearwater Revival tape.  

My poor old stove is nearing the end of it's life cycle. The oven couldn't maintain a steady temperature and the back panel got psoriasis from the heat vent and looked especially terrible. 

A trip to Lowe's after Christmas for a tube of caulking ended in buying a returned display dishwasher and planted a seed in our minds to get a new stove. We were unable to resist the pull of post-Christmas sales and were soon in possession of a sales receipt proving that we were the proud owners of a soon-to-be-delivered stove as well. Although I didn't want stainless, it costs so much more to "upgrade" to almond (really, since when is almond is an "upgrade"?) and since we were buying 2 of 3 appliances, we put the struggle out of its misery with the cheaper stainless appliances. Now our fridge is the red-headed ugly step-child and doesn't match anything. Bob wants to paint it with auto paint. Stay tuned for the outcome of this one.

I loved the giant center burner that JoAnn had on her new stove when we visited a few weeks ago and this sale stove had one! It also had a convection feature which transported Bob back to his childhood when his parents had one of the first convection ranges "back in the day". I can fit my big soup pot right in the center. I make a big pot of left over soup for my lunches each month. The only problem with the center burner is where to store the freakishly heavy pancake griddle included with the stove for the center burner.



Friday we went to the Thunderbirds hockey game again with Orion for "team building". Orion's team, not the Thunderbirds. Here Cool Bird hamming it up for us ticket buyers. 

This evening I went to Erik and Darla's to watch the Seahawks game. They have an uber-giant TV and I felt like I was right on the field with the players. I was afraid they were going to throw me the ball and expect me to do something with it. As usual, I didn't take a picture, but fun was had by all.

Good job, Hawks!

Have a good week everyone!


1 comment:

  1. My stove came with the same freakishly heavy griddle! It's stuffed in a lower cupboard waiting to fall out and break several bones in my foot upon impact.

    ReplyDelete