Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Chapter 200: BOOM!

As the candle of summer burned shorter, I realized it was time to invite myself to visit my Aunt Karen and Uncle Bill. After an all to infrequent phone call to Aunt Karen, I had secured a reservation at Casa Propper. They live in San Clemente, also known as the home of Richard Nixon's "Western White House".
 
 
Karen and Bill's backyard is beautiful with it's summer blooms. Check out their potted plumeria.
 
The next morning we were greeted by the shining face of Logan, who of course, is Grama and Grampa's reason for living nowadays.
 
It took a while for Logan to warm up to me but once he got it, he was my little Velcro buddy and I couldn't peel him off me. At two, Logan is a tech monster and loved the pictures I took of him. He would flip through my phone and look at pictures and videos that were there, but it was the pictures of himself he loved the most.
 
Here Logan is chasing buff-flies with his little buff-fly net. He loved buff-flies until we actually caught one then he was afraid of the buff-fly, the buff-fly net, the jar, and the buff-fly catcher (me). He hasn't made the distinction between bee's (ouch), flies (annoying), and butterflies (harmless) yet. 
 
Uncle Bill has always been known for his sound system so when Logan asked GiGi for a song, Bill busted out the iPad and put it on. Logan immediately wanted to dance with Tutu (Hawaiian for Grama). 
 
They have and anti-social cat here that lives the life of a royal kitty. "King" Dinky prefers the security of the master bedroom and was not happy to see appear on the scene and disrupt his little kitty routine.  Here Dinky is putting a curse on me to make me go away. If looks could kill, I need to be measured for a casket.
 
My efforts to make friends appeared unwanted and all I ever saw was the back of Dinky as he wandered away from me giving me a furry middle finger.
 
Another failed attempt. Dinky just doesn't know what he's missing by ignoring me. 
 
Touchdown! At last Dinky could no longer resist the chance for a good scratchin' and he let me pet and scratch him. And for those pessimists out there, I did not push him over and hold him down for this picture, he did it by himself and he was purring!
 
Karen and I went down to Dana Point Marina to walk around and look at the shops and get some fresh air.  This is where they had their 42' sailboat moored when they were boating.
 
The hen and chick plants were HUGE in the marina flower beds. I've never seen such monsters!
 
Some of them were probably 18" across. 
 
While we were walking we noticed these unusual little clouds in front of the big fluffy one. It doesn't look as cool in a picture but here it is anyway. 
 
Today I had a nice lunch with the whole family at BJ's Brewhouse and tried our best to catch up with each other. Below is where the picture of all of us would be if I had remembered to take one.
 
Camp Pendleton is just over the hill from San Clemente and they have been bombing the bejeezus out of their base. Supposedly they are doing mine-clearing exercises. As you can see by the map below, Karen and Bill's house (arrow) is really close to Camp Pendleton (star). My personal opinion, if anyone were to care about it, is that they are practicing to bomb up another country. I know up in our area the frequency of the C-something (sorry Chris) air cargo planes that fly over our region increase before the U.S. heads out to git someone.
 
 Ok, gotta go. Bill has roasted up a beautiful chicken for our dinner and it's time to check it out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment