I don't know the baby in the picture above, but I think it's an awesome baby picture, especially a family with a brand new fire chief in the family. Don't you think a photo of the new baby in Grampa's helmet would look great on his new desk, Jenna? ;-)
The new high school is moving right along. I posted this picture so Kyanne and Carissa can see the metamorphosis at their alma mater. This picture was taken from the top of the Performing Arts Center. It's hard to believe this was the site of many physical education stars, as well as the PE challenged & phobic students for over 65 years.

Here's a tip for all of you out there that think you can put nail polish tips on their hot-roller clips and they will be good as new. DON'T. The tips are sharper than ever. Now I have to generate a new (cheap) plan to put new tips on my clips. My hot roller skills aren't all that precise first thing in the morning and my scalp can't take many more slices before my brain slides out on my cereal one morning.
Last week when Bob came home from
grocery shopping, he was especially proud of his turkey leg find: Giant turkey
legs weighing in 2 ½ pounds apiece. They were huge! I don’t think they are
actually turkey legs, I think they are pterodactyl legs or perhaps off some downwinder's farm in
Eastern Washington near the Hanford Nuclear plant. I hear stuff in this area grows extra large…and extra eyes due to the radiation
leakage from the storage tanks leaking glowing unmentionables into the air
Saturday I accompanied Darla on
her annual pilgramage to Carpenito Brothers Farms. I don’t know WHO in their right minds would willingly go to
Carpenito’s the day before Mother’s Day unless they were preparing for Mom to
come over or were forced into buying flowers for Mom at the last minute. Yup, that explains Darla. She’s not in her
right mind. The place was packed.
Everyone had a giant cart, no one was watching where they were going,
and none of the aisles allowed any of the carts to pass. It's kind of like a curvy country road, once you got stuck behind a
lollygagger, you are there for the duration. On the flip side, the flowers
looked and smelled wonderful…if you weren’t in a hurry. I bought some herbs for
the girls to take home on Mother’s Day. It was kind of like party favors, I guess,
since it was my party. Here you can see Darla, in the blue shirt, carefully selecting her petunias.
For Mother’s Day we had a great BBQ lunch at Carissa’s and Chris’ house with Kyanne and Ryan. After lunch we lounged around while I annoyed the animals as much as I could get
away with. Through a chorus of “Leave him alone!” I entertained Gatsby and Bear
to their fullest enjoyment. We also got a tour of the closet that Bob helped Chris and Carissa with a while ago. See Chapter 165: Making Room(s) for a refresher if you need to brush up on this project.,
It was a nice relaxing day. Here Carissa mocks her dad while he takes a "quick" nap. You can seer the new herbs in the foreground.
I got a nice picture of Chris,
Carissa, and Gatsby, but Kyanne and Ryan had the window behind them and I
couldn’t get a good picture. Maybe next time. By the time they had moved, I'd forgotten. Surprise.
Carissa (& maybe Kyanne too, that part is a bit fuzzy) gave me a nice hanging pot of flowers for our front porch. It looks great, I'm hoping for the other four needed to fill out the porch will be delivered soon. If that fails, I'll wait until after the school horticulture sale when the plants are half-price...free if I wait until they are starting to dry up and the greenhouse needs to be cleaned out for the end of the year.
Have a good week, everyone!
This is the underside of the bonnet. Bob sprayed the entire underside with rust encapsulator, the topped that off with a rubberized rust encapsulator to keep rocks from cracking the paint on the fenders when they are thrown up into the wheel wells.
Next was something or other sprayed on the rest of the underside.
After all that, Bob ponders if he is ready for the next BIG step: Actually painting it.
Does this look like a $1000 box of paint supplies? The round $450/gallon. Since this is the second box of expensive paint supplies we've had delivered, you're probably saying to yourselves, "Whew, I'm glad he's about done!" Oh, but he's not. Next comes getting the chrome redone and a complete set of upholstery, carpet, etc., needs to be installed and since we are changing the interior color to black, it's going to be a big job. Wish us luck!












No comments:
Post a Comment