Remember when installing speakers in your car involved ripping up the carpet, cutting holes in parts of the car and stringing wire everywhere? This here's a high school sub-woofer installation. Screw it into a shoebox and run the wire to the first wire it can be spliced into and place the shoebox on the passenger seat. So, you say "What if they have a passenger?". Easy. Just have them pick it up and put it on their lap for the duration of trip. And as a special bonus, it's easy to move from car to car as you buy one cheap hoop-dee after another.
| 1. | hoop-dee | ||
A ramshackle car. Or, in other words, an old dilapidated vehicle in severe disrepair. A hoop-dee is probably unsafe for most of the general population to drive/ride around in, especially children, those who are pregnant, the disabled and elderly.
After school on Wendesday I headed over to Chelsea's to drop off a traditional Book pre-anything activity/gift. In Chelsea's case, of course, it's for their wedding. Bonney Lake has the most beautiful views of Mt. Rainier so on the way to Chelsea's I stopped to take mountain pictures.
| |||
Just as I was about to get to Bonney Lake, my left brake seized up and started to smoke. I pulled over a couple of times to let it cool for a while, but it continued to seize, smoke, pull, and needed full power for any forward movement. I finally admitted defeat and called AAA. The nice man from Fred's Towing showed up in a tolerable period of time and we enjoyed a companionable ride back to Auburn together.
I must say, though, that the view while I waited for the tow was beautiful. Since the "mountain was out" as the locals say so I just had to take another picture of it.
After the tow truck had tucked my car deftly into the garage and Bob was eagerly tearing it apart, I thought I'd take a picture of the pretty purple ajuga flowers blooming in the front yard. This is what I wanted to see...
...and this is all I could see. Dandelions. Lots of 'em. And they are all laughing at me.
After Bob got my car dismantled, we went to get dinner in town. We had a good view of the mountain so, once again, I took another mountain picture. It just doesn't look as good with all the signs (and Auburn) all around it as it did from the Bonney Lake area.
Every so often military helicopters, the cool ones with two propeller thingies, cut across Auburn by our house. On our way home from dinner these three were caught in the setting sun. Usually it's just one heli, but in this case, it was two doubles an a single traveling in a line. Since they were behind us, it was hard to turn around and get a good picture. I'm glad we were in the convertible so I could get this picture.
An important time of year among my shop students is the rolling out of the new Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. I found this display at Rite-Aid. The display has the modesty panels on it (although one is broken) to shield young and modest eyes from the horrors contained within. So why is it that the display is sitting on the floor within easy reach of the very young 'ns it's supposed to be kept away from?











No comments:
Post a Comment