I got up to let Bear out early this morning and while we were outside, I noticed the sky was beautiful. You know how I like pretty sky pictures so I thought I'd share the sunrise with you.
Apparently I wasn't done taking pictures for you to appreciate so I grabbed another from the upstairs window. I think the sky in this one looks kind of like a Thomas Kinkade painting.
Later that morning we went hopped into the Jag to go to Griot's Garage in Tacoma to see what was going on this Saturday. Griot's has some sort of activity on most Saturdays. Bob says he wants to check out the cars but usually comes home with a little bag of car care goodies just about every time. Although he has most everything Griot's has to offer, he's still needs the odd item. Since he keeps the cars looking so nice, who am I to argue?
One of the cars on display in the showroom area was a beautiful XKE convertible . Do you think if we buy enough Griot's stuff ours will look like this?
I like the restroom's at Griot's. No only are the spotless and attractive, they have "pit" numbers on each bathroom stall door.
After we'd been to Tacoma we went to North Seattle to go to Seattle Fabrics to get some seat belt webbing to make a "Harvey"-style purse. Oddly enough, although I shopped the internet for a good price on seat belt webbing, the best price was here in our own back yard in Seattle. Yay! They have an awesome selection of outdoor fabrics, fasteners, and rope.
After I scored on a bag (a small paper bag for the hardware because Seattle has outlawed bags) and a handful of seat belt webbing we went in search of lunch. My Google Maps app said the Fremont Brewing Company. On the way to the brewery, we passed by the Fremont Troll hiding under the Fremont bridge waiting for unsuspecting tourists to eat.
We found the brewery and knew we were in the right place because we could smell the hops brewing when we pulled up outside. Although the Jag looks great here in Fremont with the fall colors, it's not quite that shiny black Jag we saw at Griot's. No matter how shiny the car or how pretty the background, I still think this is abouty the uglies car ever. Fortunatly Bob has adopted it as his own and loves the little ugly duckling.
Inside the little brewery was populated with Fremont-style customers AND NO FOOD!
We stayed and had a craft beer anyway but both of us thought the beers lacked any depth and interest.
As we were leaving the brewery we saw this fine piece of Fremontness walking the street. My first thought was that she was trying out her costume but a second look confirmed that she was not.
Today Bob spent the day raking leaves into nice rows that Bear ran through and scattered his piles and had to be re-raked. Bear got used to Bob's leaf raking machine got lots of fun time in the yard with him.
Bob no sooner came into the house and announced that he'd ruled the leaves when the wind picked up and blew down as many leaves and he'd just raked up earlier. While we were mourning the loss of our leaf-free lawn, it started to hail. Not just a little bit of hail. HAIL! Bear thought it would be fun to go outside. I think he was dredging up memories of the fluffy snow of last winter.
It was hailing really hard so I put Bear's raincoat on before he went outside. I put his hood up in preparation for being hammered by hail but he thought he knew better than I did. Bear was surprised when he found the hail hurt and decided really quickly that he didn't want to be outside anymore. He got the "hail" out of the yard.
Bear was waiting on the porch waiting for me to hurry up and let him back in the house where the hail can't hurt him.














No comments:
Post a Comment