Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chapter 131: Welcome to the Jaguar Museum

 My Dad is clearing out his toys and decided we should have another Jaguar to keep the first one he gave us company. So Monday evening the new Jag XJS arrived from Oklahoma in a truck.

Here's Bob watching his new Jag roll out of the trailer.

There were a couple of stow-aways in the trunk of the Jag. 

We've always had these two Japanese temple dogs somewhere in our house. My grandparents bought several of them while they were living in Japan in the 1950's. I think they are uber-ugly, but for reasons well beyond my comprehension, both girls like them and want them. So when I visited my parents in Oklahoma last April, I packed two little stowaways in the trunk while I was getting the car ready for the trip home. Here's the whole herd (or is it flock? Pod? Just do you call a group of antique temple dogs?) Now there are plenty of strange heirlooms for everyone.



Here's our little Jaguar museum. It consists of the 1992 XJS and an 1968 XKE. Yes, the hood is open and it doesn't really fit that badly.

Kyanne brought me some beautiful huge peonies from her yard. Nitro has to check them out while I take the picture.


While Bob was out tearing the new Jag apart to mark his new territory...

...I was moisturizing my piano stool in lemon oil. It was my great-grandmother's and when it's out of sight, out of mind, it gets really dry. The tissues are on it to hold the oil on the dry wood so it can fully. 

While Bob finds something to occupy him under the hood of the Jag...

...I was fitting glass together for my mother's old lamp that she wanted glass in. 

This is an old gas street light that was on their street years ago. Its about 2 1/2 feet tall and VERY heavy. She wants to make it an indoor floor lamp.

After Bob had inspected his new car and given it a good cleaning, he took it for a spin around the block. It'll be really shiny once he gets the paint polished.

Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment