Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chapter 48: Night Life in Palm Springs

Today, after a day basking in the sun, we toured around and looked at some of the local "modernistic" (a.k.a. 50's ugly) architecture then on to the Street Fest downtown.

The Street Fest was very crowded. The fact that 75% of the foot traffic was pushing a walker, a dog (yes, I said "dog") stroller, forgot where they were and wandered aimlessly, or saw something shiny and stopped dead didn't help things move smoothly at all.

There were the usual booths that one would see at any street fair, then there was the lady spinning yarn right off her angora bunny. Yes, that is a live bunny on her lap shedding right into the spinning wheel. Wouldn't it be nice if Bear's shedding was profitable like this?























Next on my "Thought I'd Seen It All List" is the "Ask the Rabbi" booth. He seems to be drumming up business.

No street fair in a town like Palm Springs would be complete without a dog outfitter. This is only one of several doggie outfitters. Wait 'til the granddogs see what we got them!
This $50 doggie dress did not come in Logo's size.  :-(  Sorry Logo. I tried to get you something pretty.

This banner struck me as odd sincewe've noted there is a DEFINATE lack of African Americans in this area. Who's going to march in the parade?

2 comments:

  1. I loved the bunny bit but hope she doesn't get carried away and strip him of to much fur as he could get a sunburn. Sounds like you are having a good time. Love you Mom

    Hey JoAnn I'm first (tee hee).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you are in Palm Springs--California? I don't remember any of those buildings.......

    ReplyDelete